Centre for Informatics and computing has an opened 4-year PhD position on the project „HybridScale – Scalable high-performance algorithms for future heterogeneous exascale computer systems„ funded by the Croatian Science Foundation under the supervision of Davor Davidovic, Research Associate at the Centre for Informatics and Computing.
The position includes participation in one or more of the topics covered by the project: novel scalable algorithms for heterogeneous computing systems based on GPUs with the emphasis on solving problems coming from linear algebra (eigenvalues, SVD, systems of linear equation, pre-conditioners), mixed precision algorithms, and automatic fine-tuning of the scientific codes using machine learning techniques. The general research goal of the three above-mentioned research directions is to improve the scalability and maximize the performance achieved on the future HPC systems to enable solving of the extremely large research problem coming from other research disciplines such as computational chemistry, biomedicine, and condensed matter physics. From the PhD student is expected also to closely collaborate with other researchers in an interdisciplinary working environment. The position does not include any teaching duties.
From the applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Have a master degree in the field of technical sciences or the field of natural sciences, research fields mathematics, or physics
- The total grade point average at previous levels of study (undergraduate, graduate, or integrated) ensures enrollment in doctoral studies.
- Proficiency in C, C++, and Python programming languages
- Linux operating system
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Previous participation in research activities, published papers, excellence in studying, awards received.
The candidates fulfilling the following criteria will take precedence:
- Experience in parallel processing and programming
- Experience in GPUs programming
- Basics in linear algebra
- Previous experience in machine learning tools and methods
What we offer:
- Doctoral study fee included
- Collaboration on the national and international level with other research and academia
- Training and specialization on other research institution across Europe, attending courses
- Participation in different research and industry-based projects
- Extensive collaboration on interdisciplinary research topics with other Departments on the Institute (Natural Science and Medicine)
- Flexible working hours
The application is open till March 12th, 2021.
More information can be found on Euraxess: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/602792
or on the email: email@example.com